WALKING IN DOMINION- PART 1
“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth"- Revelation 5:9-10.
Dominion is our birthright in Christ. Every child of God is redeemed to reign and command dominion on earth because He positioned us on this earth to have dominion in business, career, finances, spiritual life and marital life. God has put us in charge and we should refuse to disappoint Him. (Revelation 5:9-10)
1 John 1:5 says God is light and in Him there is no darkness. Wickedness and evil reside in the realm of darkness . God is light and we are redeemed as light; as like begets like. Jesus confirmed this himself in Matthew 5:14 by saying, "Ye are the light of the world..." In 1st Peter 2:9, Bible says we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation and a peculiar people called or redeemed show forth the praises of the one who redeemed us into marvelous light.(James 1:17, Matthew 5:14)
The source of our challenges in life is the devil because we are light and he dwells in darkness, When we put on the armour of light , darkness is unable to operate no matter the conspiracy of darkness it cannot stop light. The appearance of light is the disappearance of darkness.
Now, what is the source of this light? The Bible in Psalm 119:130 says that the entrance of His word gives light, and understanding to the simple. God’s word is His container of the light of life that shatters darkness and shows us the steps to take in life (Psalm 119:105, John 1:1-5).
So when we talk about walking in dominion, it cannot be complete without engaging the light of the scriptures, allowing it to guide our steps in life. Any area of life that we have revelation knowledge is the area where we dominate. So running your life in the light of God’s word is important as no one can beat Satan by experience or expertise. The only antidote to darkness is light. A business that must prosper must run it with the light of God’s word because the principles of Harvard alone will only lead to a meltdown.
What Brings About Dominion?
Dominion delivers only as far as your eyes can see .Look from the place where you are, it does not matter where you are today, start looking into the light of God’s word, start taking steps as commanded by God’s word and very soon the Lord will set you on high.(Genesis 13:14-15)
Light and revelation is about seeing and understanding your word (Isaiah 2:1) because there is a marked difference between hearing the word and seeing it. The word that Isaiah saw…It is at the point of seeing the word that it (light) enters and your actions and language tell whether you have seen the light in the word or not. God told Moses, "see, I have made you a god over Pharaoh..." It was important for Moses to 'see', so as to be able to fully appreciate his lordship over Pharaoh because you cannot get beyond what you see. What others are seeing is irrelevant as long as you too can see from the light of God's word. It is what you see that God gives to you. Declare what you see! We cannot but declare what we have seen. That is why satan would do anything to prevent our access to light and our coming close to the word of God because he knows that when you contact the word of God, his power over your life is broken.
What must I do to contact light from scriptures ?
- Be born again:
Inside the Bible there are mysteries and stories. The mysteries are the light of the scripture. The knowledge of God must change you for the better before you can confidently say you have contacted light. The stories of scripture do not change any lives, but it is the mystery that changes life (2 Corinthians 3:18). The changes in life that you desire can only be realized when you have contacted light via the mystery of the word. However, this light will not come until one is born of God. Remember, Jesus said except a man be born again, he cannot see... (John 3:3, Mark 4:11, 1 Corinthians 2:14).
- Be filled with The Holy Spirit.
The Spirit of God is the author of the Bible. You need His help to teach you all things and it starts by teaching you how to speak in tongues. If you want to have access to light, then be filled with the Spirit to the point of being controlled by Him . Pray in tongues on a daily basis so as to command the presence of light.(John 16:12- 14)
- Subscribe to reading and meditating on the word (1 Tim. 4:13).
The word of God is the food of the Spirit. You will lack spiritual energy if you don't read your Bible. Reading the Bible should be like eating and just as you feed your flesh daily, you should likewise feed your spirit daily by reading and meditating on God's word.
- Commit to a studious lifestyle like Apostle Paul.
You need to study and not just read the Bible by taking notes while going through it. God can only speak to you via the things you have written down while reading or listening to His word. You have to come prepared if you want God to speak specifically to you. Whenever you are coming to church to listen to word, always come with a notebook as you need to study to encounter revelation Daniel was also a studious person as he confirmed himself, in Daniel 9:2. If half life of knowledge is eighteen months, it means we have to constantly upgrade our knowledge and the word of God is no exception. (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Engage in prayer and fasting.
You need to engage in prayer and fasting in order to access light. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the Bible opens us up to the fact that the enemy blind the minds of people to the truth of scriptures . But, when you pray and fast , every demonic blindfold will be totally destroyed.
Another major thing that access to light via God's word can purchase for us is restoration because ours is a God of restoration, according to Jeremiah 30:17 and Joel2:25.
What does it take to enjoy restoration?
- Receive and believe the word of restoration (Job 14:7-9).
- Be committed to serving God and the interests of His kingdom. Serving God is not a burden but a platform for blessings. This is a choice...a decision, not a gift (Joshua 24:15). Until you make up your mind to serve God in this 2019,your dominion and restoration will be elusive. So the question is, what are you doing for the kingdom. In 2nd Chronicles 15:3-15, there was a period when people of Israel were in trouble because they were without a true God, without a priest and without law. So when people abandon God, they end up in trouble. In verse 12 of that scripture they entered into a covenant to seek God, that is, to serve Him, and by that covenant, the bible says God gave them rest. They recovered everything and their struggles ended. They entered...now, it is one thing for the word to enter you, and another for you to enter into the word. They entered the word, because God’s word Is a covenant, they entered into the practice of the word. Many hear the word on service (Matthew 6:33) but they have not entered it. One may ask, what kind of service? The number one priority service is soul winning and establishment. Jesus said, "I must be about my father’s business." Serving God by turning many to righteousness, makes us emerge as stars.
- Settle down in the house of God: The house of God is the lighthouse . By your coming to church, you make yourself available to light which you need to dominate your world. Understanding light comes in the house of God. Any voice telling you not to be in church on Sunday is a voice of the Devil who wants to deprive you of your deliverance, in Zion . There will always be deliverance for you every time you come to church with understanding. The church is a place of healing.(Psalm 132:13-16,Obadiah 1:17)
- Continue to seek and pray for the well being of others: God restored Job and gave him twice of what was lost because he forgot about his challenges and was after the wellbeing of his friends. Praying for self is prayer expenditure, while praying for others is prayer investment. When you pray for others, you become the first partaker of the answer to the prayer.(Job 42:10-11, Ephesians 6:8)
- Obey scriptural prophetic instructions. In 2 Kings 5:1-14, Naaman got his healing by forgetting about his position and rank as a commander, and subjecting himself to the instruction of the prophet. The scriptural prophetic instructions may not make natural sense, but they guaranty undeniable supernatural result.( Hebrews 13:17)
- Live a life of thanksgiving and praise : Thanksgiving will create an atmosphere of divine presence: (John 11: 41- 44, Psalm 67:5-7.)
Remain Ever Blessed !!! Jesus Is Lord !!!