God, through his servant Bishop Oyedepo, is reminding us this month that Supernatural Breakthrough is our Birthright That is why we will be looking at GATEWAYS TO SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH.
According to scriptures every child of God has breakthrough gene in them, they are ordained as assets.
Breakthrough is a significant achievement or advancement in a particular field. It means to stand out and be ahead of others. It can also mean to fulfill the ordination of God upon your life because every child of God is ordained a star.
For one to enjoy breakthrough, one must love God and in loving God one will love what He loves and hate what He hates. The love of God’s words and commands is a sure way to supernatural breakthrough. In Isaiah 34:16 the bible says, “Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them."
There are certain spiritual and practical requirements to be met before we can achieve our breakthrough heritage.
- SPIRITUAL STEPS
The spiritual aspect is about faith. The fear of God comes from hearing the word of God. looking at Psalm 112: 1-2, we discover that the one who fears God and takes great delight in his commandments is not only but will produce mighty seed and his generation is also blessed. When the force of the fear of God takes over in your life, you become the root and foundation for generational blessings. It makes you excited in obeying the commands of God. But, it is your response to the word of God that shows how you fear Him.
- If you fear God, you will depart from evil. Some have one personality on Sunday and an entirely different one between Monday and Saturday. You are changed by the Word and that change is supposed to be seen in and out of church.
- The fear of God makes you a man of integrity
Be honest in all that you do. Do you know that even unbelievers look for honest and upright persons to work with? Isaiah 11:1-2 says "...And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;"
This tells us that the fear of God is a force from Heaven. Anyone who has this force will remain unstoppable, no matter the gang-up of men (Proverbs 1:22-23 and Isaiah 66:1-2). Deuteronomy 10:12-13 says, “And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?" 1st Corinthians 2:9 gives us more understanding by making it clear that no eye has seen, ear heard But it is written, nor heart conceived the things which God has prepared for those who love him.
If you love God, you do what he says and when you fear him you always want to please him (John 8:29, Genesis 42:18).
- PRACTICAL STEPS The Force of Skill. In Proverbs 22:29 that if a man is diligent in his business, he will stand before kings, not mean men. If you are skillful in whatever you do, people will locate you, no matter where you may be.
Skills are required in order to enjoy outstanding success in life and it takes skills to be good at what you do.
Lack of skills in your pursuits in life can kill your career because there is a place for skills, for breakthroughs in life. Gen. 14:14 says, “And when Abraham heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan." The emphasis here is that Abraham armed TRAINED men, not ordinary men. Get skills through training and retraining, which could be formal or informal.
In 1st Samuel 22:2 David assumed captaincy over about four hundred unskilled 'nobodies'. These same men were described as mighty in 1st Samuel 23:8, after being trained by David.
You are free to come into this church poor, but you are not permitted to remain poor after training in the word practice.
One way to get informal training is by observing those who are ahead of you in your chosen career. No matter how raw you are, if you subject yourself to the demands of training, you will be skillful. We must believe in training because it determines our promotions.
When one stops learning, one starts dying. If you do not want to end up an average person, learn from people that are giants in your field. Hebrews 6:12 says, “That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises." So when you follow the steps of giants you end up like them. Identify those that have done better than you, go after them and go for unique knowledge.
There is also supernatural impartation of skills - divine endowment (Exodus 35:30 – 35). God is still available today to give supernatural endowment. The bible, in Daniel 1:17 describes the type of gifts and skills that God gave to Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
Therefore, if you want to command breakthroughs go for skill; that is what took David to the palace.
COMMANDING OPEN DOORS (Revelation 3:8)
Open doors are access to unending breakthroughs and God is the one that opens doors. Everything that happens in the physical realm is first confirmed in the spiritual because the spiritual controls the physical.
Satan is the one behind closed doors (1st Corinthians 16:9) but we have a reassurance in Isaiah 60:11, where the bible says, “Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought."
WHAT IT TAKES TO COMMAND OPEN DOORS
- New Birth. When you get born again you become a child of light and darkness cannot stop you. The superiority of light over darkness is not debatable (1st John 5:4). You have a mountain-top heritage and you are empowered to walk in authority.
- Engage the Power of Revelation (John 1:1 – 5) Engage the word of God because that is one source of revelation.
- Work for God (Revelation 3:8) You must be working for God, for him to open doors for you. In Matthew 6:33 we learn That if we seek God's kingdom and his righteousness first, many other things will be added to us. Doors cannot be shut against anyone who seeks the advancement of God’s kingdom.
- Continue to be led by the Holy Spirit. The person that you follow determines what follows you. Isaiah 48:17 says, "Thus saith the LORD, thy Redemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go." (Psalm 24:9, 23:1, Mark 9:23)
- Continue to grow in Power (Psalm 66:3)Seek for more of God’s power through fasting and prayers.
- Continue to grow in faith. Faith opens any door and brings the hand of God to bear upon your life as long as you speak the word upon your life. In Ephesians 6:16, we are urged to take hold of the shield of faith for us to be able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked.
- All through this month you will not see evil, in the name of Jesus.
- Things will work in rapid successions for you this month, in the name of Jesus.
- Every Red Sea will open for you, in the name of Jesus.
- From today, begin to access your open doors, in Jesus' name.
- Every member of this church shall be commanding enviable success, in Jesus' name.
- Good success is your portion from today.