Oct 14, 2018
Riding the Waves of GLORY- PART 2
“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”- 2 Corinthians 3:18.
The power of the Holy Ghost is what brings us into realms of glory (2nd Corinthians 3:18. 1st Corinthians 12:7) and is given to every child of God to become valuable, profitable and enviable on earth. The manifestation of the Spirit is given so that kings will bow to our dominion, in the order of Daniel (Daniel 1:17). It is the gifting of the Spirit that create room for a man and make him ten times better than his peers. They put us above life's situations, including health, finance and demonic forces (Daniel 2:46).
It is the Holy Ghost that makes a god out of mere mortals and without Him, every believer is like an unbeliever because the body is dead without the spirit. There is no difference, no colour or beauty without the Spirit. So the difference maker in the Christian faith is the enduement of the Holy Spirit, and operating in the fullness of what the Spirit has for us.
You cannot have the Holy Spirit in you and experience lack; it is an evil in the sight of God to have the totality of the God-head that carries treasures of wisdom and life, and still experience lack. The Holy Spirit has been given to us to have abundance, to be blessings and not liabilities or concerns. He is there for us to be in charge and rule over our enemies, to have it the way we desire.
In Mark 4:25, the Bible reveals a mystery that explains why the rich will get richer and the poor, poorer (Matthew 25:28-29). Though it sounds unfair, the truth is some will continue to move from failure to failure until they understand the principles of life. The Scripture is therefore telling us that there are certain gifts and manifestations of the Spirit that we need, for us to be fruitful and attract further blessings. 2nd Peter 1:5-8 shows certain attributes that need to be in place to enable us live above lack, want, dryness, shame, barrenness and the like (Galatians 5:22-23).
No door or gate can be shut against you when you have the right traits or virtues.
MANIFESTATIONS OF THE SPIRIT.
- The Spirit of Faith (2nd Corinthians 4:13) The Spirit of faith is the force required for unquestionable dominion. We all have access to this Spirit, irrespective of our age in Christ.
We need to covet the Spirit of faith because,
- a) Faith is The Bible says that the just shall live by faith , meaning that the just will die without faith. (Romans 1:17). We cannot talk about open doors to a dead person, that is why faith is a must. Without it, every man is dead.
- b) Operating in faith gives us ability to believe all things (Acts 24:14) and when we do, we see God's glory (John 11:40) which puts away shame, reproach and other inglorious things in every area of our life.
- c) It takes faith to get anything from God (Hebrews 11:2) and to receive good reports you must have faith. The bible says it is to us according to our faith, not according to the prevailing circumstance Therefore, it is your faith that determines your destiny and indeed, everything in life (1st John 5:4). You need faith to be victorious as a person will be defeated in every aspect of life when faith is absent. WIth faith at work, forget about the devil, witches and wizards. It does not matter how many lions' mouths are open to devour you, with faith, they go on break when they see you.
- d) God's promises to man will be elusive without faith (Hebrews. 11:33).
It is important to know however, that faith is in three categories. There is the word of faith (Romans 10:17), the gift of faith (1st Corinthians 12:7-9), which can be received through prayers, and the Spirit of Faith, which can come by impartation through association or relationship with a carrier (Jude 1:3). This Spirit can also be transmitted by listening to someone who carries it, as Ezekiel 2:2 shows.
Characteristics of the Spirit of Faith
- i) When a man comes under the influence of the Spirit of faith, he thinks and behaves positively at all times. He speaks what natural men cannot speak because he is being empowered and driven by the Holy Ghost, (Mark 1:12).
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were faced with a very difficult situation but their response was overwhelming because of faith. The spirit of faith is a speaking spirit and so if you are not speaking, you do not have it. Your faith should show in your words. The Spirit of faith sees the impossible and invisible and then commands the incredible; it is a fearless spirit that can take steps to dare anything. It continually declares the opposite of what the devil says, without regard for circumstances and feelings. It takes the Spirit of faith to have victory, to have your way in the journey of life.
- ii) The Spirit of faith is the empowerment of the Holy Ghost, which helps us serve God acceptably, with delight.
Consider the case of the donkey that Jesus rode on, to enter Jerusalem; if that donkey had felt that Jesus was only trying to exploit it, it would not have enjoyed the kind of honour it did when it allowed Jesus to ride on its back.
- The Spirit of Servanthood (Isaiah 42:1-12): This enables us to serve God joyfully, under any circumstance or mockery, and in any capacity. Christians struggle in service simply because they have not been duly empowered. Anyone who serves without this Spirit is bound to feel exploited.
We need this Spirit,
- a) In order not to be weary in well-doing (Galatians 6:9), so we can serve to the point of rewards.
"...let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not..." That means if you faint, you do not reap but lose.
- b) To overcome diverse temptations in the path of stewardship (Luke 5:25-28). You move from the point of rewards to the point of enthronement, a point where you are being served because you are able to overcome all the temptations (murmuring and complaining) that intend to make you drop off from the race. When you stop serving in any organization your name is removed from the payroll and you are no longer qualified for promotion. The Spirit of servanthood therefore helps us to remain in stewardship (of prayers, soul winning, etc.) as a lifestyle. It keeps you willing and excited in This is so important because joyless service cannot be rewarded.
- The Spirit of Revelation: (Ephesians 1:17-19)
Revelation simply means the Spirit of God shedding light on the letters of scriptures, to make them come to light in ways that can be applied to daily life.
We need the Spirit of revelation because all our inheritance in God can only be delivered by revelation (Acts 20:32). Whatever God reveals to you from His word is what He releases to you and you are revealed to your world by what God shows you from the word (Deuteronomy 29:29). You cannot access the things of God by yourself as it takes the spirit of revelation (1st Corinthians 2:11-14). It is the spirit of God that reveals the mind of God, the secret, power and light of scripture to us.
2nd Peter 1:3 says all things have been given but they can only be delivered through knowledge, which is also revelation. Until you have light you cannot access all that has already been given to you. A lot of people can quote the bible but you cannot see the proofs in their lives because the light has not come.
We need this empowerment of the Holy Ghost to enable us magnetize more of every good thing but unfortunately, people prioritize material things above spiritual things. They forget that it is the spiritual that creates the physical and that until these spiritual qualities and virtues are abundant inside us, we will lack material things. Genesis 13:15 makes us understand that until we see it God is not committed to give us because it is what you see from the pages of scriptures that He gives and the clearer you see, the faster the blessings come.
For instance, Anyone who has a revelation about church attendance will not need encouragement to be in church. If you understand that church is the light house, even when you are tired, you will still find your way there because you know that when you come, it is to recharge the battery of your salvation,
The term "open doors" connotes access to better and greater things, sweeter experiences of life and more blessings and favours.
ACCESS TO OPEN DOORS
- New Birth: John 3:3 When you become born again, you become a child of light (Ephesians 5:8, James 1:17) and the forces of darkness cannot close doors of blessings and favors against you.
- Love For God: This is a master key to opening every closed door of life (Romans 8:28). When you love God, you become a partner with You are in Him and He is in you, and when God approaches any closed door, it opens on its own (Ps 24:7-9). Any door which remains shut when God is coming will simply be shattered and grounded to powder (Psalm 114: 5-8, 1 John 4:16-18). Love for God also makes our faith to deliver (Galatians 5:6, 1st Corinthians 13:2-4). The hotter our love for God, the faster our faith delivers and the faster our prayers are answered. However, it is the Holy Spirit that empowers our love for God (Romans 5:5, John 14:21).
Love for God will also make us givers, which , in turn creates financial open doors for us , thereby eradicating poverty.
- Accept Personal Responsibility: When you are born again and winning souls for God, ensure you are not closing the doors God opens to you by your actions and inactions. The things we do and don’t do sometimes frustrate the grace of God in our lives. Let us accept responsibility because there are certain traits and virtues that must be in us for us to attract favors and open doors (Proverbs 28:20). Faithfulness and diligence in your assignment can open uncommon doors for you. Carelessness, deceit, laziness, laxity are negative virtues and can frustrate the grace of God in our lives if not checked. Remember, our actions are seed
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus Is Lord !!!