According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertains unto life and godliness through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue."-2 Peter 1:3,
Although God has given us everything that has to do with life and godliness through knowledge, the challenge of life today is still that of knowledge. God says "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." They are His people, yet they suffer what others suffer and are found in the low places of the earth like others, simply because they lack knowledge.
It is critical for us to understand that knowledge is key if you must access God's promised land. A wise man said the thin line between the rich and the poor is information which can also be referred to as knowledge. Put differently, the thin line between the winning believer and losing one is knowledge. In Luke 19:24, Jesus marveled at the people because they did not know the time of their visitation. They were in the season when things were happening yet nothing was happening in their lives because they did not know.
There is a promise land ordained for every one of us even before we came to earth and God knows everything about that land, that is why He says "I know the thoughts that I think towards you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29:11). But it is key for you to understand the season in which we are because we serve a God of time and season, according to Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11. The good news is you are in your time. If it is your time, it is your turn and when it is your turn you become the topic. When it got to Esther's turn, it became her time to reign. Too many believers have their eyes open but do not see and that is why opportunities are not utilized when they present themselves.
In Genesis 18:10, the angel told Abraham “…I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life…” The good news is we are in that time of God’s visitation because we are in the season of revival. Joseph told the people in Genesis 50:24, “…God will surely visit…” No wonder the children of Issachar became winning children (1st Chronicles 12:32); they had the understanding of times and seasons, knowing what to do and when to do it. We are also privileged to have a father in the Lord who understands the times and he has made it known to us through the leading of God that we are in a season of revival, via soul winning. That is God’s heartbeat for the hour and all other things you will ever need are attached to it (Matthew 6:33).
What is a Revival?
Revival is a move of the Spirit across people of all ages, culminating in supernatural turnaround. Joel 2:28 says, “and it shall come to pass afterwards, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit.”
In this revival there is no limit to the outpouring of God’s Spirit upon His children. Everyone will begin to prophesy and nothing takes you unawares because God reveals it before it happens. In this season, we will know the pathway to follow and the right things to invest in. Nothing will be hidden from you because the Spirit of God is there to reveal it. In a season of revival, the plans and purposes of God for your life, family and other things, are revealed to you, time and time again.
What does the Spirit do in a Rytevival?
- The Spirit opens our eyes to see our promised land which comes via divine instructions gotten from the pages of scriptures (1st Corinthians 2:9-10).
In a revival, you do not wait for people to tell you what to do because you will already know what to do, by the move of the Spirit. The greatest frustration in life is not knowing the way to go but the Spirit of God helps you terminate such frustrations as He keeps you connected to heaven at all times.
No man can recover what he has not discovered and what the Spirit does is to enable us discover our inheritance. Many people struggle through life because they fight for what is not given to them and one major tragedy of life is that opportunities are presented in all spheres of life but people are just too blind to see them.
Proofs of a Revival
In a revival,
- Kingdom advancement prayers become a delight (Matthew 6:6-9). God expects you and I to cry to Him over our needs daily, not weekly but the truth is if you must follow the standard of God, before you cry for your needs you have to pray for the kingdom. That is the order. No wonder 1st Thessalonians 5:17 says pray without ceasing. That is, do not cease to pray for the advancement of the kingdom because if you do not do for the kingdom first by giving God what He wants, you cannot receive what you want from Him. So before you say, “God heal me…give me husband…give me job…, you must pray about His Kingdom and when you do, there will be no real need to bother about all the other things. God knows you have need of a good car, good house, good husband, good wife, good children, good health, good job and He is willing to add them to you, if only you will subscribe to His demands.
2 One is consumed with undying passion to see souls saved (John 15:16). His Grace saved us when we were yet sinners and we become duty-bound to tell others about His Kingdom and bring them in. in John 15:16 the Bible reminds us that soul-winning is our major calling and ordination and as we engage in it, especially in this revival, our rewards will surely come.
Benefits of a Revival
- Believers are rescued from bondage. As you make it a priority to rescue others, God ensures that we too are rescued from Satan's dungeon.
- It brings about total transformation for every believer who engages in it (Isaiah 61:1, 4). As you proclaim liberty to the captive, you experience supernatural turnaround in your life.
Maximizing the Blessing of a Revival
- Clean up and continue to do so (Isaiah 52:11). You can come out of every form of uncleanliness because the power and strong will to do so have been put in you. You must understand that you are not like the people of the world. You are a precious vessel unto God, a vessel of glory, honour and beauty and God will not use unclean vessels.
All Round Rest
Matthew 11:28 - A place of rest is a place of peace, calmness, enthronement, tranquility and stability.
In that scripture Jesus said, " come unto me…I will give you rest…” There is no rest anywhere in the world, the only guaranteed rest is in Jesus. If you are ready to come to Him, He is ready to give you rest.
You are not designed to be a burden bearer, Jesus was sent to bear our burdens and He says, "Just come to me and drop them, they are my load to carry not yours and in return I will give you peace, joy, prosperity, long life and every other good thing you can ever think of."
How Do I Enter Rest?
- Be Born-Again (1st John 5:12). If you do not have Jesus, you do not have life, but when Jesus comes in, life comes into you. A man can exist for years and not live, but the moment Jesus comes into you, you start living. A man's life becomes relevant when Jesus steps in and because He is the Prince of Peace, it is impossible to find Him in any life and not find rest there. With Jesus in a life there is absence of fear.
- Absolute trust in God: This means we must not have alternatives (Psalm 34:5). God told Moses to ask the Children of Israel to trust Him enough and go forward. Forget about what you see ahead of you, just trust Him.
For example, a person who sows maize is sure of harvest in three months, while the one who sows cocoa waits for four to five years. It would be foolishness for the person who sowed cocoa to become envious of the one that sowed maize because, after three months the person harvests and in no time the harvest finishes but when the cocoa buds after four or five years, the harvest continues from generation to generation. Therefore, it is wisdom to keep sowing bountifully and trusting absolutely in God for a bountiful harvest. If you trust God, you will show it by continuously winning souls for Him because you are sure it will answer for you on every side.
- Enter into a covenant to serve God continually: As soon as the children of Israel made a covenant to serve God, they had rest round about. When you serve Him, He blesses, and when the blessings of God come, every form of satanic work ceases.(2 Chronicles 15:25)
- GOD WILL CLOTHE SOMEONE WITH GLORY AND GRACE, AND TAKE OVER THE RACE OF LIFE FROM THEM.
- GRACE WILL SPEAK AND ANSWER FOR YOU AND THE BURDENS ARE LIFTED OFF YOUR SHOULDER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- EVERY PIT THE ENEMY HAVE DUG FOR YOU, THEY WILL FALL INTO, THEMSELVES, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- THE ENEMIES' MISCHIEF FALL UPON THEIR HEADS RIGHT NOW, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- FROM TODAY, THAT YOKE, SICKNESS, FEAR AND NIGHTMARE DISAPPEARS FROM YOUR LIFE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST, ENTER DIVINE REST IN YOUR FINANCE, CAREER. BUSINESS AND ALL THAT CONCERNS YOU.
- THE BIBLE SAYS YOU WILL NOT BRING FORTH FOR TROUBLE, THEREFORE, THE ENEMY WILL NOT USE YOUR CHILDREN TO TROUBLE YOU.
- I DECREE ALL ROUND REST CONCERNING YOUR FAMILY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- SICKNESS, AFFLICTIONS, INFIRMITIES IN YOUR BODY ARE DESTROYED, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
- THIS WEEK SHALL BE YOUR WEEK OF GOODNESS. GOD WILL GIVE YOU A 37TH ANNIVERSARY TESTIMONY AND A LIBERATION GIFT.