IS THERE NO BALM IN GILEAD?- PART 5
by Pst. Isaac Folaji
“For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me. Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?- Jeremiah 8:21-22.
God's word is the balm in Gilead, the master healer that carries His healing power. There is nothing as potent as the Word when it comes to the subject of healing because God and His word are one (John 1:1). Inside God's word is His life that is immune to sickness and disease.
According to scripture , light is superior to darkness and that is why we experience instant healing via God's word. It is important to note that it takes just one word to be healed as seen in Psalm 107: 20 and in Matthew 8:8, but several words to remain in health (Proverb 4:20 -22, John 1:5).
To remain healthy and sickness-free, let His word dwell richly in your heart. Be a friend of the word, always availing yourself of opportunities to hear it. By so doing sickness shall never be your portion again.
Coupled to his word are several prescriptions for healing, like the Communion, Holy anointing oil, the name of Jesus and laying of hand. Another mighty instrument through which God heals and preserves is the Prophetic mantle.
Acts 19:11-12 shows how God performed special miracles through the prophetic mantle, when handkerchiefs and aprons from Paul's body were used to heal the sick.
THE MYSTERY OF THE PROPHETIC MANTLE
What then is a Mantle?
The Prophetic Mantle is a medium of transference of God's grace and power from anointed vessels to others as emphasised in Romans 1:11. Whatever touches the anointed carries the unction of God's power, grace and heavenly virtues. Although God owns this power, He has custodians and carriers, messengers and anointed vessels who act as distributors to others who may not have speedy access to it. Power is the answer to all satanic molestations as is shown in Psalm 66:3. With God's power at work in your life all enemies are under your feet and you rule in the midst of wickedness (Luke 10:19)
It is a spiritual medium of duplication and multiplication of grace:2 Kings 2:15, Numbers 11:17.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM IMPARTATION VIA THE MANTLE
When we're imparted, we experience transference of God's grace and power 2kings 2:15; the same spirit and grace upon the anointed comes upon the partaker, same as the spirit of Elijah came upon Elisha. We should therefore expect the following as we are imparted via the prophetic mantle:
Special miracles of healing and deliverance. Acts 19:11-12 says God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul, through handkerchiefs and aprons (mantles) which were taken from his body.
Stepping into the shoes of this Commission: Expect that everything this Commission enjoys, you will begin to enjoy from this moment. The same hour that the spirit of Elijah came upon Elisha, he began to command authority and the Jordan that parted for Elijah, parted for him.
MAXIMIZING THE BLESSINGS OF THE PROPHETIC MANTLE
• Believe the word of God on the prophetic mantle: To be full partakers of the blessings inherent in the mantle, we must believe what the word of God says about it. We have already talked about the case of Paul and in Matthew 9:20-22, the woman with the issue of blood received healing by touching the garment of Jesus. Whatever touches the anointed, catches the anointing. So we must believe that what God did yesterday, He can still do today. (Mathew 14:34-36, Hebrews 13:8)
• Receive the person and the Ministry of the Prophet : It is important to receive the person and ministry of the Prophet . Relate with the person to gain access to what they have. A woman, by relationship has access to everything the husband has. A lot of people merely desire what others carry without having a relationship. Relationship is greater than anything anybody has. In Mathew 10:21 the Bible says he that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward. Joshua received the mantle of leadership from Moses, in place of Aaron and Miriam because he received Moses more as a prophet and a master
• Honour the Prophet from your heart : Another thing to do, which is closely related to the above, is to honour the prophet from your heart. The Prophet you do not honour from your heart cannot be a blessing to you. One of the ways to honour your prophet is not to criticize him. In fact, you show more honour by coming to his defence, whenever he is being maligned publicly. The enemy knows that your security and preservation can be procured through your Prophet and so, he will go to any length to disconnect you from him. The fastest way to do that is to make you disregard or dishonour your Prophet.
• Crave what the Prophet carries. Elisha asked for, and got a double portion of the spirit of Elijah (2 Kings 2:2-9). Have a desire, have a hunger, identify what you like and place a demand.
• Engage in a father-son (daughter) relationship Inheritances are only passed from parents to children and so you must see the man of God as your father, remaining obedient to his instructions. (Proverbs 13:22)
In conclusion, we need to also remember to continue in all our soul-winning endeavours, bearing in mind what the Bible says – “A faithful ambassador is health”. Bringing souls into the house of God makes you His ambassador and when you get involved in that way God takes over your welfare (John 15:2), and your health becomes secured.
Remain Ever Blessed !!! Jesus Is Lord !!!