December 23, 2018
GODLINESS: COVENANT GATEWAY TO GREATNESS part 3
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34
Sin blinds the eyes of men and places a barricade around its victims, bringing about rejection.
Genesis 30:33-43 - Righteousness speaks and godliness will forever prevail. It may take a while but it will surely speak like it did in the story of Jacob, when his father-in-law tried to rob him.
Every child of God is ordained to be glorified as we see in Romans 8:28-30. We have a destiny of greatness and the ultimate of that destiny is glorification (Jeremiah 29:11). God knows the end of every challenge anyone is going through but the good news is that the end of it is glorification, decoration and beautification.
No man is on earth by accident as we were all formed by God (Jeremiah 1:5) so, when you give your life to Jesus, you are no longer on human track, but on a divine one. This truth, if not established, makes it a lot easier to fall for the deception of the devil, who does not want things to be well with you as God originally designed them to be.
Divine track is that of greatness which is rooted in redemption (Luke 1:30-32). Jesus was and is still great and as joint-heirs with Him, it is our destiny to be great (John 20:21).
It is not in God's agenda for you to be small because the Bible says “a little one shall become a thousand, a small one shall become a great nation..." We are the light of the world, a city set on a hill that everyone must look up to.
, we may not walk into this destiny of greatness until we walk in godliness...until we walk in the fear of God. We can see from Job's example that you cannot separate greatness from holiness. We also discover that a destiny of greatness can be corrupted through ungodliness. For example Samson's great and glorious destiny was sunk by sin.
FORCES OF UNGODLINESS
- The Spirit of Disobedience: The mighty Samson crashed by this spirit. If you read his story critically you will discover that anytime Samson sinned, he "went down”. Sin always takes a man down,. The Bible says “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”, which means that sin is a reducer of man’s destiny. Ephesians 2:1-2 reveals to us that there is a spirit behind disobedience, which is also known as the spirit of rebellion. This spirit is everywhere, including the church. It is important to know that behind every sin, sickness, curse and reproach is disobedience (Deuteronomy 28:48). In Ezekiel 36:26, God talks about replacing hearts of stone with hearts of flesh, and putting a new spirit in us. This is necessary because a stony heart neither receives correction nor instruction, having been hardened by the spirit of disobedience.
- The Spirit of Lying: Like faith, a lie requires that you give up all other options. Faith comes from hearing and lie also comes from hearing but not from the word of God. Satan, the father of liars (john 8:44) deceives people, even with the scripture by twisting the truth. For instance he will tell you that money is the root of all evil, which, however scriptural it may sound, is not the true scripture. He has succeeded in making people believe such lies like "heaven helps those who help themselves", and they think it is in the Bible, God is the helper because you are helpless without him. Many have been under the plague and torment of the devil because of this lie, believing that one uses what one has, to meet needs. No liar is a christian; christians should not be liars and whenever you speak a lie, you make the devil your father (John 8:44).
WHY DO PEOPLE LIE?
- Some people feel like if they tell the truth they lose control. So they lie to impress others..
- Some lie for fear of being punished.
- A lot of people lie because of pride. All liars are proud people and all proud people are liars. A proud man will lie about everything and make exaggerations, just to support or massage their egos.
HOW DO I OVERCOME THIS UNGODLINESS?
- Put on Godly Habits (Colossians 3:12). Habit is a routine of behavior that is repeated regularly and tends to occur subconsciously. You can choose to be kind...you can choose to be truthful and when you do it repeatedly, it becomes yo You never change who you are until you change what you do daily. Some have become personified by their habits because that is what they do daily.
- Follow the rules of Godliness (Isaiah 51:1-2). God expect us to follow the rules of Godliness to walk before Him and be perfect. When you walk before someone you have nothing to hide because you are in front. God says do not hide anything from Him, be open. Following godly rules also means that you do what the Bible says to do, and refrain from what it says you should not.
- Keep the Right Company: (1st Corinthians 15:33). Keeping the right company is so important because evil communication corrupts good manners. Run away from people and places that clash with your spirituality. You are free to be friendly to everyone but remember, it is dangerous to be everyone’s friend.
- Employ Violent Faith for Victory (Mathew 11:12, 17:21): You can fight that evil habit by violence in prayers. Some of these habits truly will not go until they are confronted in spiritual warfare.
- Engage the power of the Blood of Jesus: If they overcame the devil in heaven with the blood of Jesus, you can overcome any evil habit by pleading the blood of Jesus Christ to purge your conscience (Hebrews 9:13 14).
Engage the Power of the Holy Ghost: John the Baptist introduced us to what the Holy Spirit can do. He has a fan in his hand, to sweep our insides thoroughly and rid us of every chaff, foul spirit and everything that works against our righteousness.
BENEFITS OF GODLINESS
- FRESH UNCTION: When you walk in godliness, the oil upon your head will forever remain (Ecclesiastic 9:8). It is too risky for a priest or a believer to walk in this wicked world without the unction of God. As a christian, if you want to see the power of God, you must clean up. The cleaner an engine, the more powerful it is (1st John 1:1, 2:20).
- SUPERNATURAL PROSPERITY (Malachi 1:3, Psalm 112:1-3); When you walk in godliness, you walk in supernatural exploits, which bring about divine prosperity.
- GUARANTEES ETERNITY WITH CHRIST (Revelation 21:1-8): There is a hone after this home and, heaven and hell are real. Godliness is what positions you on divine track. When the trumpet sound, will you be found rapture-able???
UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE OF THE COMING OF CHRIST. JEREMIAH 29:11
God's thoughts brought this day which we celebrate. Scripture makes us understand in Isaiah 46:9-10 that we should remember the former things, because they help us understand the things of today.
We are all familiar with the story of creation when God said, "let us make man in our image." Now, though we were made in His image and likeness, God, in Genesis 6:6 showed some form of regret about creating man. In Genesis 3:3 God came to check on Adam and his wife, only to discover that they were not in the place He left them.
Adam refused to show up when God called out to him and replied that he was naked. This story open our eyes to the fact that the first thing Satan does is to give people a bad identity, a wrong name. God's question - who told you that you are naked - shows that God had never seen Adam as naked. As the story unfolds we see that God had to kill an animal in order to cover the so-called nakedness which Satan made man believe. That innocent animal represents Jesus Christ; he said we should remember the things of old. The same way He covered our "nakedness" in Eden is the same way He would send a redeemer for man's sake, that His purpose and counsel may stand.
But what is that purpose? That we should have dominion, replenish the earth and subdue it. That we be fruitful...that is the His counsel (Mathew 1:21). So Christmas is not all about eating, drinking, partying and putting on new apparels. Thank God for all that, but a better understanding of why Jesus was born stands us in good stead to actualize our dominion ("give me understanding that I shall live’’). When a man wonders out of the way of understanding, he is not different from a dead man. What you do not understand, you cannot benefit from.
WHY DID JESUS COME? (REASONS FOR CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS)
- TO BRING SALVATION TO MANKIND: Christmas is a celebration of the salvation of mankind. The Bible says she shall bring forth a son, and he shall save his people from their sins (see Psalm 130:3). John 3:36 says he that believeth the son, shall receive everlasting life. That means the God kind of life - operating like God here on earth, reigning in all dimensions and phases of life - where eternity is guarantee Many celebrate Christmas today without receiving Jesus. This is an effort in futility and it incurs the wrath of God, who knows what it cost Him to send His only Son (John3:16). John 14:6 shows that there is no other way to the father except through Jesus. Without Jesus, there is no salvation.
- TO BRING JOY TO THE WORLD (Luke 2:10): The arrival of Jesus is the arrival of Joy. It is critical to understand that without joy you cannot access anything in this kingdom. Isaiah 12:3 says ‘’with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation’’. We need to stay joyful even if ‘’the fig tree will not blossom". When Jesus stepped into the marriage in Cana, Galilee, He brought joy by turning lack to abundance (see Isaiah 61:10).
- TO BRING PEACE TO HUMANITY (Luke 2:14). A woman's thirteen-year-old matrimony was on the brink of collapse when she ran to the Prince of Peace, who stepped in to restore peace. The Bible asks an important question - when the Lord gives quietness, who can make trouble - because it is impossible to experience trouble when Jesus is around (John 14:27).
- TO RESTORE THE SUPERNATURAL TO MANKIND: John 3:8 says everyone that is born of God is like a wind, no devil on earth can tell where you are going. That is the supernatural realm that we, as His children should operate in. When Jesus was born the Wise Men saw the star, and John 17:18 says Jesus sent us, the same way the Father sent Him to this world. This means we also have a star up there. The truth is the wise men who were star gazers became curious because, for the first time, they saw a star which could not be tampered with. Adam passed the supernatural wisdom test when he named all of God's creations.
- TO GIVE US LIFE AT THE BEST: John 10:10 says the thief cometh not to steal, kill and destroy, but Jesus came to give us abundant life.
TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL (1st John 3:8). Every work of the devil - sickness, poverty, barrenness, oppression, shame and diseases - are destroyed by Jesus. When we celebrate Christmas, we celebrate victory over the enemy (see Acts 10:38).
HOW TO ENJOY THE BLESSING OF TODAY: Just receive the Lord as your saviour, believe in Him, engage your faith because one must repent before he is saved. One must believe before he is healed and one must be a giver before he can prosper. We must continue to seek first the kingdom of God in order to continue to flow in His favour. Also, we must make demands for our rights on the altar of prayers.