SUNDAY SERVICE OF NOVEMBER 12, 2017
ENGAGING THE WONDERS OF PRAISE - Part 3
By PST ISAAC O. FOLAJI
Everytime you refuse to praise God, Satan oppresses, but whenever you praise Him, He goes up to silence your oppressor.
Keeping quiet is synonymous with the graveyard and so remaining silent brings one closer to the graveyard.
ENGAGING THE WONDERS OF PRAISE
A life full of praise is a life full of wonders. You may never know how wonderful your life is until you begin to engage in praise with all diligence and seriousness.
A casual, faithless approach gets you nothing from God, as we learn from Hebrews 11:6. Praise therefore demands a business mentality and when you give it all it takes, it will deliver to you all it carries.
We therefore need to understand praise because our depth of understanding determines the depth of our engagement in it, which in turn determines how great our results and testimonies will be.
Whatever cannot stop God from having His ways cannot stop praise from delivering and whatever will stop any man from praising God will stop God from intervening in his case. Psalms 22:3 says, "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." Praising God is like building a house for Him and so if you want God to reside with you, give Him praise because praise-full people are Godly people.
But what can one achieve by praising God? Praise can delivers the following:
- Heavenly Lifestyle; praise imports heaven into earth. Before anything will take man away from a heavenly lifestyle, it will first of all, take praise from him. Singing God's praise is like appealing to His emotion. It brings God down and He comes with heaven's standards.
- Fresh Anointing; praise is a platform for an encounter with new anointing. "And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. (Isaiah 10:27).
What is in Fresh Anointing?
- Inner Strength and Joy: It strengthens us from the inner man and gives us the oil of joy, with which we retain divine presence. Remember, we always need God on our side because, as Romans 8:31 illustrates, if He is for us, no one can be against us. Those who are easily beaten are easily broken. If you allow anything to take away your joy, you will be easily beaten in the journey of life. But when you are strengthened from the inside with the oil of joy, no matter who or what works against you, no matter the medical reports, you just smile and remain joyful. That is what it takes to command the presence of God that destroys the enemy. That is why excited people do not get sick and sick people, who do nit this truth, are hardly excited. The bible says a merry heart doeth good like medicine and so when the oil of gladness is there satanic oppression cannot be seen around you. For instance, the cure to constant quarrelling between a married couple is for them to sing together and the evil spirit responsible for the fighting will be cast out (1st Samuel 16:23). When you start singing together, you discover that the troubles in the marriage just disappear.
- Favour (Songs of Solomon 1:3): You enjoy favour when you are anointed because the anointed normally commands favour. Being favoured means to be loved by God and when He favours you, it means you please Him. With this favour, He makes even your enemies to be at peace with you. As David explains in 1st Chronicles 28:4, when God likes you, He makes anything out of you. God liked David and chose him from among his father's sons. David always sang praises to God (Psalms 34:1), that is why God liked and favoured him.
From the paragraph above, we can deduce that there is promotion in favour (Psalms 30: 5). When you are anointed you cannot be static - life will be progressive and things will not be the same. When you are anointed you change levels for the better, always enjoying a raise.
In favour, you can have miracle marriages (Proverbs 18:22) because the anointing brings favour that settles people's marital destinies.
Also contained in favour are miracle jobs. When you are favoured, even the jobs you are not aware of will be given to you. It means you can actually dance your way into miracle jobs.
It is also important to note that fresh anointing makes us flourish like palm trees (Psalm 32:10-12). To flourish means to be useful, relevant, productive and fertile.
- Fulfillment of Prophecies: God can only show us the way through His messengers but we have to go through that way ourselves. The pastor can tell us, from now till tomorrow about the wonders of praise but if we do not engage in it nothing will happen. If you only hear and write it down, but refuse to take action, nothing will happen. The prophetic word of Jesus' death and resurrection after the third day went ahead of Him. After His death, nothing happened on the first and second days but on the third day, the Spirit of God came down and raised Christ from the dead. Romans 8:11 says if that same Spirit which raised Christ from the dead dwells in you, He shall also quicken your mortal bodies. That means it was the anointing that raised up Christ. So whatever is dying or dead in anyone, as we praise Him, the anointing that terminates death comes upon us. As a result of praise, God is rewriting somebody's case today.
The key to releasing God's fresh anointing is your praise. It does not matter what is happening around you, just PRAISE HIM (Habakkuk 3:17).
Whatever is impossible with praise is impossible with God and because nothing is impossible with Him, nothing is impossible with praise. By praise, every aspect of a believer's life is full of wonders.