ENGAGING THE SUPERNATURAL POWER OF LOVE Part 3
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.....The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth : so is every one that is born of the Spirit”- John 3:6,8.
According to scriptures; there are two kinds of worlds and also, two kinds of people existing on earth: the natural and the supernatural. 1st Corinthians 2:14 says, the natural man does not receive the things of God. You are not natural if you are born again, because you have received the spirit of God, which makes you supernatural.
The consciousness of our supernatural identity must rule and guide our mentality and thoughts always .We must not allow our association with natural men to rob us of our supernatural identity.
Coming into the body of Christ is not a religious activity of coming to church, it is our matriculation, translation and initiation into the supernatural life. It gives you license to live the God-kind of life on earth amidst men.
But what is the supernatural, one may ask.
The supernatural realm is the realm where everything works in your favour. A realm where obstacles are non-existent, challenges of life are levelled and mountains are turned to playgrounds. There are no impossibilities in this realm, which new birth in Christ brings you into.
Anytime human beings come to their wit's end; a point where their natural ability has failed, they acknowledge that the situation can only take a miracle. The miraculous realm is the supernatural realm, which begins when man's powers and abilities fail. You are not an ordinary person, a commoner or a struggler. You are not just a Nigerian but a citizen of heaven. If you accept that you are a Nigerian, you keep experiencing what Nigerians experience.
With God nothing is impossible (Mark 10:27) and it is written, "Behold, I and the children whom God hath given me are for signs and for wonders..." We are of the supernatural, a realm where a camel can pass through the eye of a needle.
For a camel to pass through the eye of a needle means that either God will compress the camel for the needle or expand the eye of the needle for the camel to pass through.
When the supernatural is at work, the natural laws are suspended - Israel passed through the Red Sea.
When the supernatural is at work, the law of time is suspended. The prophet of God said, "this time tomorrow", one thousand years were compressed into twenty-four hours. When it comes to the realm of the supernatural it does not take time. The supernatural is the real where natural forces are suspended. This is your realm.
The Root of the Supernatural
The supernatural answers to faith. The bible says, "these sign shall follow them that believe..." Faith answers to love (Galatians 5:6). It therefore follows that at the root of the supernatural is the love for God. The foundation, the pillar, the fundamental and principal thing needed to activate our supernatural identity is in walkng in the love of God. This is the realm where all things work together for our good (Romans 8:28). When we say 'love for God', we are saying 'love for his people' and 'love of his kingdom'., and the capital proof of that love is the pursuit of souls - panting for the rescue of souls from destruction. This is God’s number one interest on earth and when we align with that, we can never be the last in life. When God’s major becomes your major, you cannot be set aside in life (John 2: 15 17).
Getting involved in the pursuit of souls for God makes it simple for us to move into the realms of the supernatural.
1st John 4:16 says he that dwells in love, dwells in God. This means you become one with God. In John 3:2, the bible says no man can do these things except God be with him. The supernatural is experienced when we begin to demonstrate our love for God.
Characteristics of Love for God.
It manifests in the pursuit of what matters to God. When what concerns God is of concern to us, when we put what concerns God above ourselves, then the supernatural begins to happen.
• Love empowers speedy answers to prayers. It is neither the length of time spent praying nor the urgency of our needs that determine answers. It is our love for God that determines whether He answers our prayers or not.
If you are not interested in doing what concerns God, there is no basis for God to do what concerns you. When you love God, you will answer before He calls. Isaiah 65:24. There are some whose prayers irritate God because they lack love for Him.
In Solomon's case, it was the kingdom of God in his heart that made God interested in his prayers. If you want speedy answers to your prayers, then be jealous for God. Be in love with God; be emotionally involved with Him. This was also the story of Elijah.
Love for God empowers our access to fresh and increasing unction and power.: The power of God begins to work in our lives, bearing in mind that it takes power to be free from hurts in life. Luke 10;19 says, "behold I give unto you power to tread upon snakes, scorpions and the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm you”.
This power makes us immune to the wickedness of the wicked. With power, no matter their weapon, your victory is assured. This power is only for his lovers. In 1st Sam 13:14, God said he has found in David a man after his own heart. David had a heart for God and God empowered him. Many people are looking for power, but the cheapest access to power is love for God
It is wisdom to love God and demonstrate and authenticate it by serving Him.
God said, "I have found David my servant and anointed him with my holy oil...my arm also will establish Him...the enemy shall not exert upon him nor the son of wickedness afflict him." He said, "I will beat down his foes before his face and plague them that hate him…" This is not a scripture that you just confess, it is scripture that you practice by loving God to the point where you become His servant. It is not about title; one can have title and not be a servant of God. You can be a founder of a church and not be a servant of God - you can just be there to serve your interest and your belly, targeting what people have. We do not need to be afraid of, pray about nor bother about witches. So long as we are praying consistently for the interests of God's Kingdom, our needs will surely be met.
'Enough is Enough'
Until a person says Enough to whatever they do not want, they may remain in the pit (Proverbs 30:3-4).
But what really gives us the audacity to say, "enough!"? The answer is simply to serve the God of 'Enough is Enough'. In Genesis chapter one, there was darkness and God said enough of darkness, enough of confusion..."let there be light." A time came in Mark chapter four when Jesus was about to become a victim of an accident and he rose up and said "enough" to contrary wind, which immediately gave birth to a great calm. Apostle Paul said "enough" to Elymas the sorcerer in Acts 13:8-11, and he was smitten with blindness.
When we say, "enough is enough", we generate a turnaround. The Bible says In Isaiah 14:3 that the Lord shall give thee rest from thy sorrow and from thy fear and from thy hard bondage wherein thou was made to serve.
We serve a God of Enough is enough. – Genesis 1:3, Acts 13:8-11.
From Psalms 30:5, we learn that weeping endures for a night and from 1st Peter 5:9-10, we understand that suffering is for a while. 2nd Corinthians 4:17 confirms it by letting us know that our affliction is for a moment.
Therefore we have the audacity to say 'enough is enough' because whatever is of long continuance is a curse (Deuteronomy 28:59). Christ has redeemed us from every curse of the law. Anything of long continuance - untimely death, joblessness, family crises, sicknesses, indebtedness, barrenness, and loneliness (Galatians 3:13). That thing that has stayed beyond a while deserves a curse,
What does it take to experience the blessings of enough is enough ?
1. New Birth: When we give our lives to Christ we become children of God. You cannot imagine the child of the president of any nation roaming the street, looking for a job. Is it possible for Buhari's son to appear in a place and the people will not respond to him? Even if they do not like him, they will still receive him because they want favor from him. You cannot be the child of the Almighty and lack what your father is in command of. The child of a baker cannot be looking for bread. So, new birth is our number one access to 'enough is enough'. 1st John 1:5 says God is light so when you become a child of God you become a child of light (the forces responsible for frustration are the powers of darkness) darkness becomes powerless over you (Colossians 1:13, Ephesians 5:8)
2. Cry to God in Prayers: Jabez was tired of his unwanted situation; blind Barthemus was tired of his blindness. Even when others said "keep quiet", he persisted, shouting "Jesus, thou son of David..., and Jesus stopped. Cry out today and God will answer you (Psalms 34:6).
3. Enter a Covenant to Serve God. Exodus 23:25- 26 says when you serve the Lord, He blesses your bread and water. Curses are not permitted, only blessing will be permitted. Make up your mind to serve God with your energy, strength and resources. Until Isreal made up their mind to serve God, their bondage continue, they were held in captivity for four hundred and thirty years but when they decided to serve God, He came down to free them. So you never come out of that situation until you serve God. Serve Him with proofs. God does not reward effort but results obtained. A man who was given one talent returned it the same way and Jesus called him a lazy and wicked man. The one who added to his given five talents was called a faithful servant, and rewarded. You are saved to save others, to be an instrument of rescue. So just coming to church every month and year and not having any fruits to show means there is no result.
4. Engage the Mystery of the Anointing (Isa 10:25-27). In 1 Samuel 10 the anointing turned Saul from a wanderer to a king. Saul was looking for the missing asses of his father but at the end of the day he found a throne.. He never requested for it but because of the anointing, he was given.
In conclusion, you must understand that it takes walking in the love of God to flow in the supernatural. As you demonstrate your love for God by reaching out to unsaved souls and bringing them to the church for their salvation and establishment in the faith and in the church, impossible doors shall continue to open to you all through this New Dawn Year. Remain ever blessed !!! Jesus Is Lord !!!