ENGAGING THE POWER OF PRAYER AND FASTING FOR DOMINION - 6/1/2019
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth”- Genesis 1:26..
God’s will for us is to have dominion in 2019, prevailing over all issues of life and being in control of affairs.
What is Dominion?
- Dominion means always having it the way you want it.
- It means representing God on earth. God will always have his way and his children should be the same.
- Dominion also means to be in command in one's field of endeavour, among the front liners, pacesetters and trailblazer
- It also means being in charge, determining the happenings around you, on top, ruling and reigning on earth.
Prophecies have gone ahead of us this year and they will come to pass in our lives, in the name of Jesus. However these prophecies will remain choruses until we accept the responsibility of what it takes to have them established. That is where prayer and fasting comes in (1 Timothy 1:18 "… that thou by them mightest war a good warfare"). Satan has heard the prophecies of this new year and has vowed to make God look like a liar. Though he succeeded in the lives of many in previous years, we can resist him totally engaging in fasting and prayer. That must be your determination because it is a fight. Every prophecy is a spiritual open door but It is not in the habit of Satan to fold his hands and watch good things happen to God's children. Every time he sees something good coming your way he rises up to prevent it, to make it seem like nothing from God works. This is the adversity which the Bible talks about in 1 Corinthians 16:9.
We must understand that all of God's provisions, blessings and plans are at the mercy of our accepting responsibility to make them come to pass, and prayer - with fasting - has proved to be a guaranteed platform for victory in spiritual warfare. Jesus in response to a challenge faced by the disciples in Matthew 17:21 said "…this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting". That is, every kind of resistance operating in the previous years bow to the forces of faith, prayer and fasting. This is why we must not sell off our birthright to the devil, who thinks of strategies on how to prevent people from fasting. Whatever reasons Satan gives to anybody not to fast is his plan to rob such of dominion heritage because he knows that when you fast, you are empowered to dominate him.
Satan’s dominion starts where you stop praying Prayerlessness puts one under the enemy's dominion but fasting spiritually expedites answers to prayers. When you fast things become fast for you and God takes you from the slow lane of life to the speed lane.
So, we are in the fasting days of the church as we learn from Matthew 9:14-15 (prayer inclusive - Philippians 4:6). Everything that must succeed requires prayer. When Jesus left the earth He made Peter the leader of the church and Satan knew it. So through Herod, Satan arrested Peter and kept him in prison (Acts 12:5-6). He was not just kept in prison, he was chained and was made to sleep between two soldiers. That is maximum confinement! It took the intervention of the church in prayers for God to set Peter free. Satan has imprisoned the destinies of too many people for long, that is why we must arise in prayers.
Why Prayer and Fasting?
- The last days are the days of his power but that power is brought about by prayer and fasting (Psalm 66:7). You can never dominate without power, as even God rules by power. It takes power to dominate sickness...it takes power to dominate witches and wizards...it takes power to be free from poverty and stagnation. In fact, science tells us that every object remains at a permanent state of rest until a force is applied. So things will remain at a place until there is a power element, but that power can only be generated on the altar of prayer and fasting (Psalm 63:1-3). Jesus had a heritage of greatness and the destiny to dominate but He was only known as a carpenter’s boy until Luke chapter four when he went out to fast and pray. In verse 14 the Bible says he returned with power. There is no app, button or software that can replace the 'hardware' of fasting and prayer. Psalm 110:1-5 reveals to us that we need power to rule in the midst of the enemy and to prosper in the face of economic meltdown. Do not be deceived by anyone who says that things are hard in Nigeria. Things are easy for many people who are building new houses and buying up properties. The Bible says in Deuteronomy 8:18 that God is the one that gives power to get wealth..
When we fast there is an eruption of signs and wonders and we begin to experience the inexplicable. It is impossible to have the power of the Spirit of God and not experience signs and wonders (Romans 15:19).
- The last days are days of vengeance, which is facilitated by prayer and fasting (Isaiah 63:4, Luke 21;22). It will never be anybody’s year until God executes vengeance because there are forces determined to make 2019 unfruitful, like past years (1 Corinthians 16:9. 2 Chronicles 20:1-22). By reason of the fast which the children of Israel engaged in, God took over their battles, smiting their enemies.
All that He has said concerning the year will not be fulfilled until vengeance is executed. King Herod who imprisoned Peter died in the same chapter when the church prayed against him; there was a divinely organized misbehavior by Herod and an angel smote him.
HEART FELT PRAYER
Jesus said, “men ought always to pray and not to faint” but, for our prayers to be answered we must engage a praying heart (Proverbs 16:1) because the answers we receive in prayers is as determined by our heart (1st Samuel 16:11); God sees your heart even before you pray. Any prayer and fasting without the engagement of our heart is only a religious exercise that will bring forth nothing good.
“Hannah prayed and said in her heart...” God only responds to the prayers of our hearts, not that of our mouth. Nobody heard Hannah praying but something was in her heart (“and ye shall seek me and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart” - Jeremiah 29:13).
HOW DO I ENGAGE MY HEART?
- You must cleanse your heart, ridding it of offense, envy, malice and all evil because those things will stop God from answering your Do yourself a favour by forgiving others.(Acts 24:16, Hebrews 12:15, Mark 11:25-26)
- Prepare your heart with God’s word for "...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh”. It is not just speaking but speaking God’s word back to Him in prayers because He only respects His word, not our cry. The only language God understands is the language of His word. What you put in your heart determines what comes out of your mouth and into your( Jeremiah 15:16, Luke 6:45,Mark 12:34, Mark 11:25-26)
Remain Ever Blessed !!! Jesus Is Lord !!