Nov 11, 2018
Engaging the Power of Praise for Supernatural Turnaround Part 2
“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places”-Habbakuk 3:17-19.
Praise is not optional. It is a weapon for supernatural turnarounds .There's so much power in Praise. The word "supernatural" connotes a happening which, though inexplicable, is undeniable. How God will do it is not our business, just the same way we do not know how bones grow in the womb of a pregnant woman. There is nothing bony about the things that make a child but as the child begins to grow, bones begin to develop. Why? It is because when we meet with God all things are possible.
There are wonder virtues in praise, as Exodus 15:11 unveils, which cover every area of life. The enemy knows the content, potency and product of praising God and he will do anything to stop or discourage people from engaging in it. He does so by showing them why they must not laugh, sing or dance in their present condition. and if he succeeds in doing so it is possible for such persons to continue attending church services and not encounter God, who inhabits the praises of His people.
God will never step into a praise-dry environment or lift a finger to help any person that is not praise-full. As water is to fish, so is praise to God and no matter how long somebody cries in prayers without a heart of praise, God will never step in(Psalm 22:3)
Answers to prayers are dependent on praise as we start and conclude prayers with praise. Without this, there can be no audience or response from God. Many remain stranded because they do not apply this simple formula. In God is everything we need in life but we cannot get to Him without praise. Psalm 100:4 shows that we gain access to God's presence, where we have joy and pleasures.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTABLE PRAISE
- New birth: Salvation is what qualifies us to praise God. We also know that only the living can praise God, and anyone who is yet to be saved is referred to as dead(Isaiah 38:19, Amos 5:23)
- Gladness of heart: Praise is a celebration of God's faithfulness and it requires joy in our heart for it to deliver its content. . Even if the prevailing circumstances are as bad, or worse than those painted in Habakkuk 3:17-18, be joyful in praise and thanksgiving. It is in the process of thanking and praising God that those ugly circumstances are turned around.
Joy is the fruit of the spirit and product of revelation (Jeremiah 15:16). The revelation of God who is my helper, the only solution to my challenges and the knowledge of His word provoke my praise, in spite of negative challenges. You cannot see a better tomorrow and be downcast (Isaiah 2:1).
Hebrews 12:2 says Jesus endured the cross for the joy that was set before him. He could see something ahead of him. He despised the shame because he could see the word of God.. Isaiah 2:1 speaks about the word that Isaiah saw. and when you see that God’s word cannot change and that He is able to do that which He promised, no matter the negativity around, there will be joy in your heart and your singing will not depend on whether things are happening for or against you.
- Be offence free: Some sing praises but have a thing or two against God because they are not happy with certain things around them. You cannot be offended in God and praise Him at the same time; your praise will be noise before Him and He will be irritated by it.
The word of God says let everything that has breath praise God. That is in case you think you do not have any reason to thank Him, your breath alone is sufficient reason to. You can complain that things are not working because you are alive. Dead people do not complain. So be grateful to God always(Psalm 150:6)
Products of Praise
- God takes over our battle through praise : Three nations came against Judah, and they cried to God, saying that they do not know what to do. Whenever you seem helpless, engage in praise and God will fight your battle. As King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah began to praise, God came down, confused the enemy and they started to destroy themselves. When God takes over, the battle is over (2 Chronicles 20:17-24)
What we do in praise is to pass the baton to God as if we are in a tag-team wrestling match. A perfect example is the story of Joseph who was sold into slavery by his brothers. Though he went on from slavery to prison, he never allowed his condition to determine his countenance and as a result, God was always with him and he became a prosperous man (Gen 39:2).
You cannot carry God into any battle and lose.
- We come out of every imprisonment of life: God rescued Paul and Silas from the prison via praise (Acts 16:25-35). The scripture says at midnight, at the height of their crises and the peak of their suffering they prayed. When nothing seemed to happen they sang praises to God, to the hearing of other prisoners and the prison doors opened. They had the option of complaining and murmuring, as many would do in that situation but, they were smarter than the enemy.
There is a very high tendency for neighbours to mock when someone sings, in spite of negative circumstances but, until you do the ridiculous, you will never experience the miraculous. Unfortunately it is when things seem not to be working that many who lack scriptural understanding start complaining, and get disconnected from God.
- We execute judgement and vengeance: God will beautify the one who is meek enough to obey the instructions even when it does not seem to make sense. Stagnation, poverty, frustration, confusion and borrowing are all enemies that we need to seek vengeance against. So whenever it is time to praise and dance, have it in mind that you are dancing to execute vengeance on all enemies of your destiny.(Psalm 149:1- end)
- We destroy walls of barrier between us and our promise land :The wall of Jericho, which no human effort could pull down, fell flat at the sound of the trumpet followed by the shout of praise from the people of Israel. (Joshua 6:14-20)
In conclusion, when praising God you must do it as an individual. God comes into the midst of multitude but he deals with us individually; Isaiah 51: 1- 3 says God called him alone and blessed him and increased him. God does not reward or decorate groups, but individuals. As you engage in high praises this month, the balance of your New dawn package shall be fully delivered in Jesus Name.
Remain Ever Blessed !!! Jesus Is Lord!!!