Nov 4, 2018
Engaging the Power of Praise for Supernatural Turnaround Part 1
Psalm 67: 5-7
Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
Praise is a weapon, not fun-fare. We do not praise God to while away time knowing that praise is one of the most powerful weapons in the faith. So, when it is time to praise Him don’t be a spectator.
Praise is what to do when you do not know what else to do (2 Chronicles 20:12,20-24). The three nations that came against Israel were individually stronger but Israel was able to conquer all three of them through the weapon of praise. Jehoshaphat did not know what to do, but he and his people engaged the mystery of praise, God came down and the enemy was defeated. Whenever it is time for praise, let that issue bothering you be the reason why you will dance and while dancing, bring the issue, to have a collision with God.
What is in Praise that brings about this victory?
- God is in praise (Psalm 22:3). Praise is God's habitat and He cannot resist the high praises of His people. When you pray, God sends His angel, but when you praise He comes down Himself with His power, which turns mountains to plains (Psalm 114:7-9). It takes praise to compel divine intervention.
- REVELATION: It is the way forward, way up and way out of every challenge of life. In 2nd Kings 3:14-15 Elisha called for a minstrel to play when he sought a way out and as she did, the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha and he began to speak. He heard the voice of the Lord - revelation - and had a way out.
- FRESH ANOINTING: In Psalm 92:1-2, the Bible says, "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy loving-kindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night." In response to their praises, freshness of the Holy Ghost was released. These are things that happen when we get anointed. David was always blessing the Lord in praises and in Psalm 89:20-24 God said "I have found David my servant...." serving God even in praises "...with my Holy Oil have I anointed him..." and by reason of that anointing,. "...my hand shall be established upon him." When you praise you are set free from every affliction of wickedness and that is why we say praise is a weapon of war. We disarm, dislodge and destroy the enemy during praise. Scripture says "the rod of the wicked will not fall upon the lot of the righteous neither shall the son of wickedness afflict him anymore."
- SIGNS AND WONDERS: Signs and wonders are in praise and according to Exodus 15:11, God does fearful things in praises.
We can praise God by clapping, shouting, singing, dancing, jumping and sharing testimonies.
SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS
Ezekiel 34:26 says, "And I will make them and the places about my hill a blessing and I will cause the shower to come down in season and there shall be showers of blessings."
Blessing is the secret of harvest. When blessings come you begin to enjoy harvest because the blessing contains every good thing that pertains to life and godliness. God cannot bless you and leave you vulnerable, at the mercy of your enemies. That is why blessings come with protection and insurance.
It is blessing that guarantees prosperity (Proverbs 10:22), a blossoming destiny and a flourishing life, not your efforts, work or certificate.
It is the cure to struggles in life as it empowers one to prevail, rather than travail. You overcome all challenges of life with blessings, that is why people in scriptures had covenant value for blessings. They cried for it because they knew that it is the difference maker. People do not remain on the same spot with blessings and going round in circles is an indication of the absence of the blessing. Proverbs 11:11 tells us that the city - by extension, the people - is exalted by the blessing of the upright, upright here meaning the sent one, the one ordained to bless.
Numbers 6:23-27 is also a pointer to the truth that God has accredited vessels and channels through which He blesses His people, with prophetic and priestly blessings. The priestly ministry is the ministry of proclamation of blessings. This truth is reiterated in Hebrews 7:7, which says, “... the less is blessed of the better”. The reason why blessing is not visible in the lives of some in the church is because they see themselves as big. Until you see yourself as lower than the person blessing you, the blessing will not flow. Water does not flow uphill but downhill. The Bible calls it the blessings of the father, so you must see the blesser as higher and deserving of honour, for the blessing to flow.
Secondly, many miss their blessing because their heart does not receive the one that blesses them. Check your heart because it is the deep that answers to deep and blessings are from heart to the heart. Received the blessed, honour him inwardly and outwardly and place yourself lower than him.
WHO WILL GOD BLESS?
- The Redeemed: You have to be born again to enjoy the blessings of God (Acts 3:26). Blessings are from fathers to children and anyone who is not redeemed, is not a child of God.
- Those who Obey God with Delight: Those who obey God and who serve God in outreaches, spiritual stewardship and physical stewardship (Exodus 23;25, Genesis 22:16-18). If you are not obeying God, no matter who is blessing you, it will not answer. Whenever you make up your mind to obey God all these blessings will flow into your life because blessings follow the obedient, Deuteronomy 28:1-13, says, “All these blessings will follow you if you hearken diligently..." So if you do not follow instructions, you are not going to get blessed (Job 36:11).
- Those who make the kingdom of God their priority for living. A Zion-first lifestyle guarantees the blessings of God (Obadiah 1:17, Psalm 92:13-14).
- Those that pay their tithe, givers and all who promote the kingdom with their resources. You see certain things that need a touch and you are in a position to do it and you do it, your father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Some people come to church to look for what to gain from the church, while others come to church and see what they can put in church.
God will certainly bless the one that puts in so much into kingdom advancement, for it is more blessed to give than to receive. It is more blessed to give to the house of God than to take from it.
Remain Ever Blessed! Jesus is Lord