BREAKING GENERATIONAL CURSES
By Pst Isaac Folaji 16/9/2018
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith”- Galatians 3:13-14.
From the scriptures above, you must understand that Christ has redeemed you from all the curses of life.
Sickness and disease are listed as part of the curse of the law (Deuteronomy. 28:61), which Jesus redeemed us from. This makes all forms of sickness and diseases illegal.
Every child of God is likened to a spiritual lively stone (1 Peter 2:5), while Jesus is described as our cornerstone, our rock of ages. Stones do not get sick and nothing comes against stones and escapes (Matthew 22:43-44).
There is so much wickedness in the world, according to I John 5:19, which means that one does not have to do any evil for wickedness to come. Some are just consumed by sorrow when things work for others and so they may want to do anything to get the successful down. In fact, the moment you give your life to Christ the devil marks you out for destruction. He begins to scheme for ways to bring you down through his agents of wickedness, hired to curse, defile and to cast spells and enchantments on people (Numbers 23:7). Arrows fly by day, pestilences of curses are fired on daily basis and that is why believers are advised not to live like civilians. Whoever lives like a civilian in a battle becomes a casualty. This earth is like a battle field, you must understand the technicalities to be free from the anger of the wicked. You must also live with the mentality that no matter the opposition, you will prosper (Jeremiah 1:19).
What is a Curse?
It is an invocation of spiritual forces in heaven, earth and under the earth to work against a person, family or tribe. It is also, summoning unseen forces to block the progress, joy, breakthrough or sound health of victims. The good news is that satanic curses are the cheapest and weakest to handle. However, lots of believers waste time struggling with these curses, out of ignorance.
Types of Curses
- The Curse of the Law: Anyone who is yet to be born again is a victim of the curse of the law. Things will not work. The Bible says, "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." When people sin, the curse of Adam begins to work against them.
- Inherited Curses: Some curses come upon a person just by being a member of a particular family. Just like Timothy was told in 2nd Timothy 1:5, virtues and vices can be inherited from parents, or even grandparents.
3 The Curse of Stealing (Zechariah 5: 1-4): Every one that steals violates a law and attracts a curse, opening doors for demonic forces to operate. The effect from the curse of stealing remains in the house of a thief and that is why children of thieves do not amount to anything.
- The Curse of Robbing God: Malachi 3:8-9 reminds us that we rob God in non-payment of tithes and offerings. This curse is not a part of the curse of the law because tithing was in existence before the law. Abraham paid tithe and the law came with Moses. Tithing is not a church doctrine, as Jesus validated in Mathew 23:23. According to that scripture, grasping weightier kingdom matters may be impossible if one still struggles with tithing. In Hebrews 7:8 Jesus receives our tithe and opens the windows of heaven to release blessings upon us
- Curse of Seed Time and Harvest: Ephesians 6:8 tells us that if a man does good, he will receive good from God. It is exactly the same with doing evil. We truly need to be careful how we live, as Proverbs 17: 13 and Galatians 6:7-8 clearly reiterate this point.
- Curse of Dishonour to Parents: Ephesians 6:1-3 says, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honor thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with a promise;) that it may be well with thee, and thou shall live long on the earth." When we disregard, disrespect and dishonor our parents - no matter what wrong they may have done - we invite a curse. Proverbs 20:20 is a very real scriptural law that has no regard for modernity. From that scripture we learn that dishonouring parents makes one walk in obscurity (of vision, hindsight, foresight, insight), and live in confusion. We must honour our parents, whether they are perfect or not.
- The Curse of Ingratitude: Malachi 2:1-3 teaches us that God corrupts or curses our blessings when we operate in ingratitude. We must appreciate and ascribe all glory to God at all times, for all things (even sleeping and waking up), for our blessings not to turn to curses.
Curses, like we already know are very real but more real are escape routes to freedom.
HOW DO I FREE MYSELF FROM CURSES?
- Redemption. Being born again redeems us from curses because it translates us from the realm of curses to the realm of blessings (Ephesians 1:3). It gives us the right to reject whatever appears like the manifestation of curses in our lives.
- Obedience: Obey the word of God you hear in church and as you read the Bible. The greatest cure to a curse is blessing and Deuteronomy 28:1-2 says blessings shall come upon you, if you harken diligently and to do all that God commands.
- Serve God (Exodus 23:25-26). Everything done to and for God is eternal, transcending our generation. This means that our children and grandchildren benefit from the services rendered to God today and the benefits do not end on earth (Matthew 19:29). No business opportunity can guarantee such generational benefits When you sow to the flesh you reap corruption but when you sow to the spirit you reap generational benefit and receive life beyond the now (Galatians 6:9).
Talking about service to God, we need to bear in mind that every child of God is saved primarily to save others. There is no better way of serving God than going out to save souls and if you are not in that business, your Christianity is in doubt.
- Be a Tither. Being on course with God averts the curses of God. Do not be called a robber! In Malachi 3:8 God says anyone who does not pay tithes and offerings has robbed Him. If robbing men attracts curses, how much more robbing God. Faith can help you avert the curses of Satan but if God curses anyone, where does that one run to? Prayer and fasting from January to December cannot avert this curse, only obedience How can a man expect the same God he robs to bless him? Be in alignment with God by paying your tithe. Tithe is neither for church, pastor nor to be divided among several places of worship. When the curse of God is averted, forget about the curse of man or the curse of witches. The Bibles says submit yourself unto God... resist the devil and he will flee from you...woe to him that strives with his maker.
- Connect to Prophetic Blessings. The Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and all the struggles and oppression they faced, by a prophet. You want curses to be terminated? Then connect, commit to a prophetic grace over your life. Let your heart be linked to a prophet, in a father-and-son relationship (Malachi 4:16). Balaam could not curse Israel because they were under the prophetic covering of Moses. It is folly to joke with your spiritual covering and the proof of your connection is in your obedience. If you dishonour prophetic instructions, breakthrough may not come because God will require your spiritual prophet, to bless you. Prophets are channels through which God passes spiritual instructions, so if you want the blessings (curse averters) connect to your prophet in obedience. (2nd Chronicles 20:20).
- Engage the Anointing. In Isaiah 10:27 the Bible says yokes are destroyed because of the anointing. Curses are yokes and it is therefore, safe to say that curses are also destroyed because of the anointing . We must also realize that dormancy can hinder the anointing. That is why we must work in the Kingdom. In Acts 10:38. Jesus went about doing good, serving people in the interest of the kingdom, as he was anointed.
Finally, the scripture says that mercy overruled judgment; therefore whatever anyone has procured as a curse by reason of carelessness, iniquity or sin, the mercy of God will answer today in Jesus name!
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus Is Lord!!!