Believers’ Foundation Class (BFC)
We nurture new converts in the faith and enlighten first time worshippers on the mandate of the church.
1. Encourage Holy Ghost baptism for longtime (chronic) searchers.
- Encourage a re-visit of 'foundation' for "frequent backsliders", members battling with addictions and other challenges.
- Encourage all to attend refresher courses for 2015: The Word, The Faith that Works, Praying to get results, Kingdom Stewardship, Covenant of financial prosperity, Enduement with power.
UNDERSTANDING THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
“And, behold, I send the promise of my father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high……But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” Luke 24:49, Acts 1:8
A. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a separate experience from salvation and water baptism. In new birth/salvation/born again experience every believer is born again by the Holy Spirit. He dwells in us, that is, His indwelling presence. The Holy Spirit lives and abides in you.
John 4:14 says, “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life”. Eph. 1:13 also states that. “……after that ye believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
However, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a separate experience from salvation that the believers should seek and receive. The book of John 7:37-39 says, “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried saying, “If any man THIRST, let him come unto me and DRINK. He that BELIEVETH in me as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake He of the Spirit which they that believe on him should RECEIVE; for the Holy Ghost was not given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified).
B. Who is the Holy Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit is a personality (a person with a mind)
- The Holy Spirit is the 3rd PERSON in the TRINITY. (God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit) 1Jn. 5:7
- The trinity represents three as one in power/ability but varied roles/duties.
- He is the promise of God; the gift of God to a believer. Acts 2:38-39, James 1:17, Acts 1:4, Lk. 11:11-13 Joel 2:28
C. What is Holy Ghost Baptism?
This is the enduement / infilling / submission into divine power / ability/ dunamis for bold witnessing/living proof/demonstration/ exhibition/showmanship/manifestation. Acts 4:8, 33, Rom. 8:19, Mark 16:20, 1Cor. 2:4, 5
We receive supernatural power as well as a supernatural language/speaking in tongues/praying in the Holy Spirit.
D. Why pray in the Holy Spirit?
- Effective Prayer – when you pray in tongues, you pray directly to God from your spirit. This is your own prayer language in which you can pray and communicate with God. 1Cor.14:2, Rom. 8:26, 27.
- Edification – This means strengthened, quickened, revitalized, stirred up in your spirit 1Cor14:4
- Effective praise – Magnify and praise Him from your spirit. Acts 10:16
- Effective worship – John 4:23-24 ….God is Spirit and His worshippers must worship in Spirit and truth, 3:3
- Expose mysteriesg. vision, wonderful works of God. Acts 10:46, Acts 2:11, Matt. 13:35
- A command (instruction) Lk.24:49. Eph. 6:18 (…always…in the Spirit). 1Cor 14:18, 39 (….with tongues more than ye all….)
- Emits spiritual blessings 14:16
And many more reasons!
E. How to receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in Tongues
- Step 1 – You must be born again/reconnected to God (if backslidden).
Acts 2:38, Prov. 28:13, 1John 1:8-10, Rom. 10:9-11
- Step 2 – You must believe He is for you. Acts 2:39, Acts 2:17-18
- Step 3 – You must desire Christ and hunger for Him. John 7:37-39, Ps. 63:1
- Step 4 – You must ask Jesus for Him. Jesus is the baptizer. Lk. 11:13. Matt. 3:11
- Step 5 – You must do the speaking. Acts 2:4, isa.28:11-12. He will not talk through your mouth. You must do the speaking.
We sense (perceive) the Holy Spirit giving us utterance (expression) and take a step of faith and speak forth what he gives us in tongues. It may sound strange (is not English and not your native tongue) but allow the supernatural language to flow out of you. Now, speak!
Contacts- +234 08187116142, 07055288916, 09097605069